16-19 Bursary Fund 
A bursary is money that you, or your education or training provider, can use to pay for things like clothing, books and other equipment for your course, transport and lunch on days you study or train. You can also apply for a bursary if you are over 19 and have an EHC Plan.
Carer’s Allowance
Carer’s Allowance is money to help you look after someone who needs a lot of care.
Carer’s Credit
Carer’s Credit is a National Insurance credit you could get if you’re caring for someone for at least 20 hours a week.
Child Benefit
You get Child Benefit if you’re responsible for one or more children under 16 (or under 20 if they stay in approved education or training).
Child Tax Credit
You may be able to get an extra amount of tax credit if you have a child with a disability.
Council Tax
You may be able to get a council tax discount if someone in your household has a ‘severe mental impairment’.
Your council tax bill may be reduced if you live in a property where changes have been made to help a resident child or adult who has a disability.
Disability Living Allowance (DLA) 
Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children may help with the extra costs of looking after a child who is under 16 and has problems walking or needs more looking after than a child of the same age who doesn’t have a disability. It includes a care part and a mobility part.
Disabled Student Allowance (DSA)
Disabled Student Allowance is available for higher education (for example University) students living in England.
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If you’re ill or disabled, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) offers you financial support if you’re unable to work and personalised help so that you can work if you’re able to.
Entitled To Benefits Calculator
The ‘entitled to’ calculator can help you check what you might be able to claim.
Help with prescription costs NHS help with health costs
You may be able to get help to cover the cost of prescriptions, depending on your circumstances.
Housing Benefit 
In B&NES Housing Benefit has been replaced by Universal Credit. You can check online if you are eligible for Universal Credit to get help paying your housing costs, depending on your circumstances.
Personal Independence Payments (PIP) 
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you’re aged 16 to 64.
Turn2Us – Benefits calculator 
Turn2us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.
Working Tax Credit 
You may be able to get an extra amount of tax credit if you have a disability or a child with a disability.
Other Benefits, further government services and information
There is information on the benefits you may be entitled to on government’s website.