Our events include holiday activities, after school clubs, training sessions for families and professionals as well as social events for parents.
To access any of our resources or attend our regular or one off events you must be a member of JIGSAW Thornbury. It is free to join. All you need to do is fill out a membership form and we will issue you with a membership number and card. You will need to input this number when booking events through the website.
You can join online here
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Project 5 Exam Busters
March 22 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm£20
The feelings of stress and anxiety are normal responses to getting ready with the effort and energy to perform in an exam. However, when stress and worries become persistent and increase over the longer term, it can become toxic to our bodies; affecting concentration, memory, focus and even impact on physical health and mental wellbeing. This programme of 4 sessions will provide children with:
• Exam Busters Knowledge and information about their adolescent brain and how stress and anxiety affects our physical responses and performance in tasks;
• Strategies and techniques to use before and during exams;
• A toolkit to help acknowledge and problem solve feelings and thoughts;
• Goal-setting support to ‘BUST’ those exams;
• A chance to connect with others and find mutual support.
The sessions will be run by Lindsey Hall and Sara Waterhouse. Both have contributed to the design and implementation of the Project 5 programme for pupils with identified anxiety.
Fridays: 22nd, 29th March; 26th April, 3rd May 3.30-5.00pm
£20 for the 4 weeks including Project 5 resources, refreshments and snacks.