Our events include holiday activities, after school clubs, training sessions for families and professionals as well as social events for parents.
To access any of our resources or attend our regular or one off events you must be a family member of JIGSAW Thornbury (please note to book on as a professional to the Project 5 conference this doesn’t apply). It is free to join. All you need to do is fill out a membership form and we will issue you with a membership number and card. You will need to input this number when booking events through the website.
You can join online here
Due to the amount of activities JIGSAW is now running there will be no capacity for late bookings to any of our events. This is due to the additional admin it requires and our workload. All events are advertised in a timely manner but please be aware they close to bookings when full OR about 3-5 days prior to the event. If you purchase a ticket to any event and are unable to attend, do not offer this to other members on social media. Instead contact the JIGSAW Thornbury events email or phone us at the base. All bookings require a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to cancel with a full refund. This allows us time to fill your space. Cancellations with less than 48 hours’ notice will be non-refundable. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Virtual Science Bugs
February 15 @ 10:00 am - 11:45 amFree
Join us virtually for some exciting hands-on science with Rachel from Science Bugs.
We will be doing some fun experiments including fireworks in a jar and lava slime. Details of resources needed will be sent out by e-mail after your booking so you can gather everything together in advance.
As with previous Science Bugs events, we will run two (40 minute) sessions over the morning:
– starting at 10am for KS1&2 level: fireworks in a jar, air vortex cannon and lava slime
– starting at 11am for KS3 level: citric acid investigation and lava slime
The experiments will be slightly different at each session and adapted for children’s level of understanding. There will be more science detail for the older children.
These sessions are £3 and delivered using Zoom. Rosie from the JIGSAW Support team will be participating though a parent or carer will need to be available at home to supervise throughout the session. Your child should be able to do most of the experiments by themselves, or with a small amount of help, depending on their age.
- Please choose either the 10am or 11am ticket when booking (depending on what you think is the right session for your child’s level of understanding and not necessarily by age).
- Please book one place per child taking part, even if sharing the same device for Zoom. This is so that we can limit voice/volume on the session and help all children to participate.
- A link to join Zoom, along with visuals to help prepare your child will be sent out by e-mail a few days before the event.
- See our Zoom hints and tips to help your child or young person access our virtual activities click here