JIGSAW Thornbury is a relatively young charity which is growing rapidly, as is its reputation. We support children and young adults (0-25 years) with additional needs and their families. We do through this through a number of projects:
o Support & Parent/Carer Groups
o SEN-sory Lending Library
o Young Volunteers scheme
o Holiday activities
o One to one therapeutic music sessions
o Training and awareness sessions for parents and in local schools, groups and clubs
o Project 5 mental health and wellbeing programme
JIGSAW Thornbury are seeking an experienced, energetic and creative fundraising and communications manager to join our team to help grow income, diversify fundraising activities and engage and connect with more people within the community. You must have proven experience in a charity fundraising environment and a willingness to learn and understand our children’s/young adult’s needs and those of the whole family.
Areas of responsibility:
• Play a key role in the creation, marketing and delivery of a robust programme of fundraising and community activities in order to increase sustainable income.
• Have a small enthusiastic team of staff and volunteers to assist you.
• Work with the Operations manager and Services manager to ensure a regular flow of income to achieve annual targets by way of managing, planning, and co-ordinating fundraising.
• Report to CEO/ Trustees
• Help raise the profile of JIGSAW Thornbury, increasing the charity’s online presence across all digital marketing channels; managing all platforms and posting interesting content, to engage with existing supporters, as well as reach new audiences.
• Provide excellent supporter care to individuals, groups and stakeholders; developing productive and lasting relationships and inspiring and motivating them to fundraise for JIGSAW Thornbury whilst ensuring they feel valued by the contribution they are giving to the charity.
• Ensure all supporter records are maintained accurately and in a timely manner, and to use data to assist territory plan development.
• Oversee and actively promote the placement of collection tins within area.
• Work with existing fundraising volunteers and assist in recruiting new volunteers.
• Seek opportunities with community supporters across income streams, to include corporate leads, potential legators, trust and grant applications.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the geographic area.
• Contribute to the creation of community fundraising products and initiatives.
• Prepare and give talks/ presentations and attend cheque presentations where appropriate.
• Act in accordance with all the charity’s policies and procedures.
• Have a sound understanding of the application of charity legislation and fundraising codes of practice
• Have proven experience within a fundraising/marketing/PR environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively and have experience identifying, cultivating and engaging with the local community; building relationships with individuals, schools, churches, local groups and stakeholders, and maximising value from their activities, networks and contacts.
• Experience of digital fundraising and social media to create relevant, engaging content and schedule/post on multiple digital platforms.
• Have strong organisational and project management skills enabling you to effectively manage your own time, as well as manage several projects simultaneously.
• Provide excellent supporter experience and are motivated to inspire others to engage and support our cause.
• Experience of working with budgets and delivering against targets and agreed deadlines.
• Excellent written skills and the ability to prepare persuasive proposals and accurate reports.
• Ability to add value to the role by using your initiative, bringing with you skills, and offering ideas, to improve the status quo.
• Demonstrable understanding of safeguarding issues and the management of risk.
• Educated to degree level or relevant equivalent qualification
• Formal qualification in fundraising and a member of the IOF
• Experience of working with families and children with additional needs and disabilities.
If this is you, we would love you to join our friendly, busy and supportive team.
Please request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 26/02/20. Interviews will take place on 02/03/20
For an informal chat, please call Catherine Miles, Rachel Peart or Tor Goodman on 01454 416381